Roof mounted solar hot water systems are widely regarded by experienced professionals in the industry as the most efficient and reliable hot water system in the world. For 15 years Gippsland Hot Water have been supplying and installing roof mounted solar hot water system in gippsland, with fantastic results for our customers.
The roof mounted solar hot water system is a closed circuit solar water heater specifically designed to provide higher efficiency for use in low to medium solar gain areas or colder climates like gippsland.
- Highly efficient Black Chrome Selective Collector Surface
- Multi-Flow 35 Riser Tube Collectors
- No pumps or electronics required for operation
- Closed Circuit Heat Exchanger for Frost Protection
- Stylish slimline design
- Thermosiphon operation minimises maintenance
- Gas or electric booster models available
- No nuisance tank on the ground
- Can save up to 80% of water heating energy consumption*
- Reliable, low maintenance operation
- Hot water regardless of the weather
- Can qualify for valuable government environmental incentives*
- Reduced energy use can save up to 2.1 to 3.6 tonnes of CO2 emissions per annum*
- Peace of mind warranties
The higher efficiency absorber with its selective surface maximises the absorption of available solar energy, while the closed circuit heat exchange design makes it suitable for frost prone or poor water chemistry areas such as gippsland.
The solar hot water heater features revolutionary multi-flow collector which uses a huge risers to extract the maximum amount of energy from the sun. This is used to heat the fluid in the collector which naturally rises into the heat exchanger, where the heat is transferred to the water inside of the tank.
This process is called thermosiphon – it is a much more efficient and reliable way to transfer the suns energy naturally from the panels to the tank, as it does not require an electrical connection or mechanical pump. Other split or active solar hot water systems with a ground mounted tank require a pump and complex electronic controls, compromising reliability and sacrificing solar efficiency.
The ceramic lined tank has a protective anode for additional protection. The tank is equipped with an electric booster for backup, alternatively an in-line gas booster is available.
*Energy savings of up to 55% to 90% shown are based on Australian Government approved TRNSYS simulation modelling using a medium load. Savings and incentives will vary depending upon your location, type of system installed, orientation and inclination of the solar collectors, type of water heater being replaced, hot water consumption and fuel tariff. Maximum financial savings off your hot water bill are achievable when replacing an electric water heater on continuous tariff.