Solahart roof mounted solar hot water systems are widely regarded by experienced professionals in the industry as the most efficient and reliable hot water system in the world. For 15 years Traralgon Plumbing & Solar have been supplying and installing the Solahart roof mounted series solar hot water system in Gippsland, with fantastic results for our customers.
The Solahart roof mounted Solar hot water system is a closed circuit solar water heater specifically designed to provide higher efficiency for use in low to medium solar gain areas or colder climates like Traralgon.
- Highly efficient Black Chrome Selective Collector Surface
- Multi-Flow 35 Riser Tube Collectors
- No pumps or electronics required for operation
- Closed Circuit Heat Exchanger for Frost Protection
- Stylish slimline design
- Thermosiphon operation minimises maintenance
- Gas or electric booster models available
- No nuisance tank on the ground
- Can save up to 80% of water heating energy consumption*
- Reliable, low maintenance operation
- Hot water regardless of the weather
- Can qualify for valuable government environmental incentives*
- Reduced energy use can save up to 2.1 to 3.6 tonnes of CO2 emissions per annum*
- Peace of mind with 10/5/5† (SC Free Heat) and 5/5/5† (SC Series) year warranties
- Free Heat series available in 180 litre and 300 litre capacities
Solahart Fact Files:
The higher efficiency absorber with its black chrome selective surface maximises the absorption of available solar energy, while the closed circuit heat exchange design makes it suitable for frost prone or poor water chemistry areas such as gippsland.
The Solahart SC solar hot water heater features Solahart’s revolutionary multi-flow collector which uses a huge 35 risers to extract the maximum amount of energy from the sun. This is used to heat the Hartgard fluid in the collector which naturally rises into the heat exchanger, where the heat is transferred to the water inside of the tank.
This process is called thermosiphon – it is a much more efficient and reliable way to transfer the suns energy naturally from the panels to the tank, as it does not require an electrical connection or mechanical pump. Other split or active solar hot water systems with a ground mounted tank require a pump and complex electronic controls, compromising reliability and sacrificing solar efficiency.
The double ceramic lined tank has a protective anode and the KF Free Heat series features additional protection. The tank is equipped with an electric booster for backup, alternatively an in-line gas booster is available.
SC & SC Free Heat systems are installed with the HartStat OTP (over temperature protection) system to minimise over performance during periods of higher solar radiation and lower hot water draw off.
*Energy savings of up to 55% to 90% shown are based on Australian Government approved TRNSYS simulation modelling using a medium load. Savings and incentives will vary depending upon your location, type of Solahart system installed, orientation and inclination of the solar collectors, type of water heater being replaced, hot water consumption and fuel tariff. Maximum financial savings off your hot water bill are achievable when replacing an electric water heater on continuous tariff.
†Warranty Details: 10/5/5 – 10 year cylinder and collectors supply, 5 year parts, 5 year labour; 5/5/5 – 5 year cylinder and collectors, 5 year parts, 5 year labour.